Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Pabco Paper 2 and 2 painting pals



Here is a small 6x8 PA of Pabco Paper Oil on linen board



My painting buddies Jennifer Mc Christian and Bill Moore have entered the blog world. For a year now Jennifer and I have been doing urban painting around the southland, mostly centering somewhere near the Los Feliz area as that close to her studio. Jen has been a great influence on my work, while she never has given me a formal lesson, just observing her nearby has taught me much, particularly about making the little things into great paintings. It always amazing me what she can do with a simple panting of a picnic table.

Bill was a student of mine who has "graduated" to painting without my tutoring, his work is coming together fast. We have a lose little gang that usually meets once a week if you check Jennifer's Web site you can see many of the same areas that I've painted and posted on this blog. Some with me or Bill actually in them.



http://www.jmcchristian.blogspot.com/ cut and paste or go to links------>>



http://williamkmoore.blogspot.com/cut and paste or go to links------>>

6 Comments:

Blogger William K. Moore said...

Thx for the shout-out for me and Jennifer William! Your Pabco piece has the great contrast of fluffy heavenly clouds against the industrial paper plant. All and all it exudes warmth like good things are made there. However it could easily go the other direction and be made to look sinister like a nerve gas plant or something (hmmm). Looking forward to more plein air treks in '07...

10:13 AM  
Blogger Urban Barbarian said...

Great brush work, Bill. That sky is terrific and, of course, Jennifer delivered the goods as usual. Damn, she's good!

3:10 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

thanks Will,

Anything I can do to spread the word, you guys are tops in my book.

9:46 AM  
Blogger william wray said...

Thanks Dan,

Jen does have the goods.

9:48 AM  
Blogger william wray said...

thaks sga, I love color, too much.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Wow! Nice work, Bill!

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home