Thursday, October 23, 2008

Girl




Several weeks ago I took a workshop with Carolyn Anderson (my second) I
This was the only one she didn't help me with in a major way (she scraped off a tiny detail on the nose and eye with two stokes of the back of her brush) this was painting from a photo she took. My "live" paintings didn't work out very well, a common issue in workshops if you really trying to absorb the teachers approach. However, I feel much stronger for taking the class and strongly recommend her... See my links.






Here is also one of her demo's. She was really on fire for this one, emotions high in the class room. She was playing some of her favorite music while working ( the song was about death in some way) and the model asked it be turned off as her Mom is in Iraq. Wow! Because the emotions were already high from the painting we almost cried.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

very nice to see. Thanks for posting William

2:04 PM  
Blogger Jesse said...

I enjoy seeing your figurative work, it is quite lovely.

3:11 PM  
Blogger polaco scalerandi said...

oooooohhhhh, beautifull painting, its very fine, and subtle. i like this piece very much
gretting william
el polaco from argentina

4:53 PM  
Blogger Uncle Phil said...

wow bill. that's beautiful.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Michael Dooney said...

Man I really love this one Bill. The lost edges are dreamy ;) It also really has an Anderson feel to it, you must have been paying attention in class!

12:47 PM  
Blogger A Reason to Paint said...

Wow! I think the portrait is lovely - keep them coming!

7:20 PM  
Blogger michael mikolon said...

I have never seen your soft side, I like it.

11:19 PM  
Blogger William K. Moore said...

has that russian painterly look and feel. i agree with you about hitting home runs at a workshop.. it's more about learning and being willing to make errors and other fox paws.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Joe Kresoja said...

Your figure work is getting stronger.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Miles Thompson said...

great painting man! hey i saw carey yost a couple of days ago and he told me about how you've been MIA for some time. sorry to hear about your health. hope you're feeling better these days!

4:47 PM  
Blogger adebanji said...

Solid paintings, both yours and the demo, and I love the bit about emotions running high and low!

4:35 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Hey William - great looking stuff and thanks for the tip on Carolyn Anderson too. Her stuff on first impression has so much Fechin influence.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home