Oil on canvas board 12x16
Searching for interesting subjects for and upcoming show with a basic downtown Los Anegles theme, I found this interesting composition. This is a parking lot of the Blackstone building on 901 S. Broadway. What I like about it is every element in the picture is framing or pointing to the center of attention of the little taco stand and parking lot signs. There even happened to be a figure coming into the light for more interest. For those reasons I used this for a recent demo where I painted 90% of it finishing the other 10% at home.