Saturday, December 17, 2005

FORUM ALLEY



Here is a studio paining done a few weeks ago I finally got shot at artworks. It's 24 x35 oil on Wood, from a photo. As my painting friend Tony Peters an I went in the Forum gallery last month, the alley struck me as making a good painting. Being that the Forum is on my short list as a gallery I want to get into, I felt motivated to do something new and strong. So when they see this work, I hope this "clicks" with them. I was also inspired by the Pizarro / Cézanne show we saw that same day.

5 Comments:

Blogger BoneDaddy said...

I like this one. It's one of those kinds of scenes people wouldn't normally think of doing, but when it's done, you wonder why more people hadn't thought of it.

4:16 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

True Brother and even more to the point I wonder why as the artist I didn't see it before. I've walked by there before... Why is it a painting one day and an boring alleyway another? I hope it's the artists personal progress, not just some nice late afternoon light.
Thanks for your kind and thought provoking comment.

4:55 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

Hey, it could be a little of both. My own mood goes through many subtle changes from one day to the next. I work nights, and I have the rare advantage of seeing the sun go down and come up. You would be surprised to see the difference that makes in one's creative process.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Lesley Todd said...

I love the way you've tied the painting together with the gold shades peeping through from underneath the other colours. There's beauty wherever you look for it I think.

12:17 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

Thanks Lesley,

Yes this one had a indian yellow under painting to get it to glow. I'm happy I could leave the under painting for that big chunk of yellow building.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home