Sunday, January 22, 2006

Show and Tell.


Here is a small about 6x 8.5 oil painting by Bato Dugarjapov who is one of my favorite contempoary Russian Painters. I bought this painting recently and still marvel at it everyday. I love how he took a ordinary view of a backyard of just a car, boat and trees with a abstract house behind them and made it into an extraordinary picture. A backyard magical wonderland without it being to sweet and sentimental. Finding the beauty in the ordinary is what I'm striving for in my own work.
cut and paste into your browser:

http://www.artrussia.ru/artists/artist_s.php?id=440&foa=f

News about me: I have a interview:

http://www.art-interview.com/Issue_004/interview_Wray_William.html

With Art Interview online magazine I hope you can afford to read it.

9 Comments:

Blogger Urban Barbarian said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Hayes said...

That's really charming - the more Russian painting I see, the more I love it.

Congrats on your interview!

7:59 AM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

I'm really surprised how muc good stuff comes out of Russia--books, movies, even paintings! I love how the surrounding scenery isn't as focused as the car & boat.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Urban Barbarian said...

This guy is so damn good it's scary. Whatever you paid was probably worth every penny. I envy you like mister rabbit envies mister owl's garden full of carrots.

8:49 AM  
Blogger william wray said...

I'm loving it totally the best thing about communism is it preserved the teaching theories of the old masters. That's what the Russian and Chinese are the best painters today. We weakened a generation with Modern art, then destroyed the next one with conceptual art. Now we have to make a comeback.

7:44 PM  
Blogger milanrubio said...

Awesome painting..this way to do the sea...the depht...wow, mesmerizing picture. Russian school is alive.

1:07 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

this painting reminds me of one by a friend of mine, Claire Johnson. It's a semi with a sunset. I can't attach photos, so here's a link if you'd like...

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7982/1205/1600/claireJohnson_semi.jpg

10:28 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

Hey Jen, I don't see it, but I may be to close to judge...

10:47 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

Glas you like Rubio

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home