Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Coming Rain



Just before our last rain we went to the dam/ recreational area off the 605 at the 210 to capture the dry riverbed before the winter rains filled it up. One is on a bluff just over the riverbed and another is in the bed itself facing the opposite direction. The first early in the mooring the second in the afternoon. Despite the grey day, a little light peaked out at the end. Interesting contrast in paintings as the morning shot is a little tighter and traditional 6x8 oil, the afternoon is loser 8x10 oil, almost abstract.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lesley Todd said...

Hi William, I especially like the first one (love the texture and the mark making). What material do you paint on, is it canvas?

7:15 AM  
Blogger william wray said...

Hello Lesley,

I paint on the the best Belgian linen (Claessens®) and strongest fiber canvas (Red Lion® Polyflax) mounted on the highest quality Baltic birch plywood
I don't like the give of canvas. Linen has a special quality canvas can't compare to.

http://www.canvaspanels.com/

Ray Mar uses the same canvas on a hard board and they are good to, but I like the mounted on wood for aesthetic reasons. Same reason that I like furniture made of wood rather than fiberboard I suppose.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Lesley Todd said...

Thanks William... I wondered about linen and wood. I'll go and have a look now.

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home